Tuesday, November 14, 2023

~A Thought On My Heart


 Today I would like to share what is on my heart.  I have wanted to do a no spend many times, but I feel that it is more realistic for me to do a low spend.  I long to live a life that is not based in the extreme consumerism that our society seems to foster.  I am a work in progress.  I enjoy going thrifting very much, but even then I want to be very thoughtful about what I bring into our little house.  I like to have items in our home that we either love or use and nothing more. (I am not wanting to be a minimalist in any way, I just want what we love or use to be kept in our home.) I also am a firm believer that anything that comes into our house must have a home so that it does not become clutter.  I also find that when I am not spending very much, that I truly appreciate the blessings that I do have.  I always have admired how Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family did not have such abundance as we do today, but what they did have they truly treasured.  I know that living a life that does not revolve on spending money to make us happy can truly bring about a true joy in the simple things.  It also helps me to be thankful to the Lord for all that we have and my mind can be more focused on living a Christ centered life than a life where my joy comes from a more worldly way of living.  I read this quote in a book, but did not record where I found it, so I'm afraid I can not share the author.  
It says, Worldly thoughts and materialism were the furthest things from her mind.  She lived on the strictest economy and was a good steward with the money and the things she was provided with.
I would say this is how I long to live and I will keep working on myself until I can truly say that I live in such a way. We are all works in progress but when we are willing to admit we need to work in an area of our lives then we can truly work on ourselves and continue to grow always as we live our life no matter what our age may be.  This is just what was on my heart and I thought I would share it.  I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by my little space.  God bless you and keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you.  
                                           ~Juli

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Juli! I always appreciate your words and thoughts. I agree with you, and even more so now that I am older. I don't feel the need or the want to be surrounded by so much...stuff. Thanks for sharing, and have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really spoke to me, today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This spoke to me too. I spend way too much on ridiculous stuff.

    ReplyDelete