Wednesday, January 31, 2024

~A Peek Into Our Week

I have been so very thankful for the warmer temperatures and beautiful blue skys we have been having. The sunshine is like a balm for my soul.
I baked some banana bread yesterday.  I made one plain and to the other one I added dried cranberrys.
I was out of my counter-top spray, so I made some up.  I use a 16 ounce bottle and add about 14 ounces of water and 1.5 tablespoons of natural dish soap, 3 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol, and 10 drops of tea tree oil, 10 drops of orange oil, 10 drops of lemon oil.  It works wonderfully.  I do not feel the need to use organic essential oils for this, since it is not going to be used on the body.
Here is a little part of my kitchen that makes my heart happy to look upon.

 Today I have been reflecting on my life and all of the blessings that I have had.  When I reflect on my blessings, I have to include my hardships.  Some of the hardest times I've walked through in this life has given me depth of spirit that I don't believe I would have if I hadn't walked through them.  I believe that the Lord can use all parts of our lives to chisel our souls much like a sculptor makes a beautiful work of art.  So today if you are walking through a difficult time in your life, surrender it to the Lord and he will help you to take one day at a time and get you through it all, all the while giving your spirit multi facets that will shine more beautiful than any diamond or rare jewel that can be found.

This was just a little thought on my heart this morning.  I want to thank you for stopping by my little space.  I pray for all that read my blog.  May God keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you. ~Juli

5 comments:

  1. Hi Juli! I always love a peek into your home. I wish I could pop in for a piece of banana bread. I never thought of adding dried cranberries! I hope you have a cozy evening, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is cute. The banana bread sounds good and I really do need to bake some as my bananas are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the spray recipe I’m going to try it. I love the color scheme in your kitchen and how everything just ties together.
    -Rosa R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Juli,
    I love your tv screen cover. Mmm, banana bread sounds so good right now. I enjoy visiting your pretty, cozy home.
    Lord bless you~
    Mary in Ok

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the aqua accents in your kitchen. I’m trying to do the same!

    ReplyDelete