Sunday, March 10, 2024

~A Thought On My Heart


 Today I would like to share a thought that is on my heart.  I want to discuss the love and respect that we should show to one another in our family units.  When family's treat each other poorly, or talk bad about each other, it not only damages the relationship, but it can cause deep hurt.  My husband and I give unconditional love to our children and one another.  This unconditional love is more dear to my heart than  I can even express.  When one of our family members is going through a hard time, we are there for each other and are understanding if they don't choose to do exactly what we may think they should. Love should be freely given and never withheld in an attempt to make them do what we would like. We should never talk badly about a loved one just because they don't do what we would hope they would. We are not meant to judge each other, because we don't know what path someone may be walking on and we don't see their hearts.  Only our Lord see's the heart and is meant to place judgement. This world has become a place where love and respect for our fellow man is lacking, we can not control how strangers choose to treat each other, but this kind of hurtful disrespect should not be carried into our family homes because knowing that people who you love dearly are saying hateful and hurtful things about another person in the family can break family bonds that were never meant to be broken.  

This is just a thought on my heart.  I pray that as children of God, we would want to hold ourselves to a higher standard and spend our days doing His will and spreading His love, instead of becoming part of the problem in this world. When we must deal with deep hurt I think of the words Jesus spoke and it comforts my heart.  In this world you will have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration  but take heart for I have overcome the world. John 16:33 
I pray for each person who reads my blog.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by my little space.  Hugs to you .  ~Juli  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for praying for us, Juli. I pray for you, too. You have such a tender spirit.
    You’re so right about supporting each other and loving unconditionally. That’s how our Lord loves us.
    We surely do have tribulations in this life. It’s wonderful to have our homes be a haven for us.
    Take good care~
    Mary in OK

    ReplyDelete