Monday, November 28, 2022

~A Thought On My Heart


 Today I would like to share what is on my heart.  I have been reflecting on being gentle with myself.  There are times when our self dialog is pretty harsh.  We sometimes say things about ourselves in such a way that is neither kind nor gentle.  I have told my girls on many occasions that they must be their own best friend. I am not talking about putting yourself before your loved ones or anything such as that.  I am simply speaking of treating yourself with the same respect and kindness that you would offer to others around you.  There are times when my spirit just needs some down time.  I like to retreat to my room and put on one of my favorite shows and just unwind, or giving myself time to read or watch YouTube.  All of these things I enjoy and they help me to have a happy heart when attending to the needs of my family.  Holiday season can be rather stressful when we take on too many obligations and such.  I like to keep our Christmas simple and old fashioned.   This helps me to be able to enjoy my Christmas and keep it Christ centered.  So today I will strive to be kind to myself and work on treating myself with the same love and kindness as I would my family or friends.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by my little blog.  God bless you and keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

3 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely friend. Beautiful thoughts today. I agree. My therapist tells me to show myself some compassion. And this reminder today is what I needed. Hugs and prayers for a blessed Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an encouraging word this evening. You would think at my age, I would have learned this lesson/truth...but the inner dialogue can still be so harsh! Nice to have found my way to your blog tonight - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to this post so much. And have also been "learning" to be gentle on myself...mentally and physically. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete