Wednesday, May 3, 2023

~Our Christmas Room

When I was a little girl, my family lived in Orlando Florida.  They had a shopping center that had a Christmas store.  I loved visiting it, and having the feeling of Christmas any time of the year.  One of my favorite songs is Keep Christmas With You, from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.  I always dreamed of having a room in my home where I could enjoy cozy Christmas feeling any time of year, and I feel blessed to have our little Christmas room.
I love the cute Christmas decor, but I always keep it front and center that Christmas is the celebration of the greatest gift ever given to the world, Jesus.
I have a Christmas countdown that starts January 1st.  
I like having some soft Christmas blankets ready to snuggle under for warmth and coziness. 
Here is my old fashioned radio surrounded by a cute gingerbread display.  When our children were little we used to make gingerbread houses and it was such fun!
Each year I like to put together a Christmas planner.  I started mine for this year yesterday.  I find when we plan early, it makes for less stress during the Christmas season. I enjoy the cute Christmas decor in my planner, but truly all you need is some paper to make Christmas plans ahead of time.
Here is the index for the lists that I will have.

I enjoy using cute stickers to adorn my lists.

 Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I love listening to Bing Crosby christmas music and thinking back to my childhood Christmas days.  On the left this is a picture of my sister, Tricia and I with Santa.  I love having pictures of my grandparents out.  I miss them, but I do know that I will see them some day in Heaven.  

I want to thank you for taking time to stop by my little blog.  I hope you have a cozy day.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

4 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend. I cannot tell you how much I love this. If I could ask, where in your home is your room? Is the Christmas tree up all the time there? Asking because I would love to do something similar. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear friend! I have the Christmas room in our basement family room. I like having it their for a couple of reasons. I like spending time there now and then, but I like not seeing it all the time, where it might loose it's sense of being special. I also like that people who drop by for a visit don't see Christmas set up all year long, unless I share it with them. I hope you have a cozy day. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. So wonderful and homey.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a Christmas room!

    ReplyDelete